The Department of Homeland Security grants funds to nonprofit organizations for security improvements.
Fiscal Year 2019 Nonprofit Security Grant Program
Total funding available in fiscal year 2019:
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program – Urban Area (NSGP-UA) – $50 million
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program – State (NSGP-S) – $10 million
In order to be eligible for funding, your nonprofit organization must:
- Meet the description under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (IRC) and exempt from tax under section 501(a) of such code
- For NSGP-UA, be located within one of the FY 2019 UASI-designated urban areas; OR for NSGP-S, be located outside of the FY 2019 UASI-designated urban areas
- Be able to demonstrate, through the application, that the organization is at high risk of a terrorist attack. Demonstrations include verbal threats, vandalization, and targeted incidents that have impacted organizations with similar missions, beliefs, or ideology
If you feel that your organization would benefit from improved security including access control and surveillance equipment, please contact your local law enforcement liaison.