Website JMG SECURITY SYSTEMS, INC
Our Service is Your Security
Under frequent general supervision from the Controller, this employee will aid the other department members to support company activities. This position will interact with incoming calls from customers calling for assistance, field technicians, and office staff. This position will interact with internal staff in providing backup and support for the receptionist, accounts payable, order processing, inventory management, basic accounting and accounts receivable. This position will also interact with and provide a point of coordination between management, technicians in the field, sales staff, and billing/accounting/inventory to ensure all project activities proceed with minimum difficulty and results in overall exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Responsibilities include to assist the Controller, Senior accountant and other accounting staff, with tasks and projects as assigned. Will be to be the first backup to the receptionist.
- As directed by the accounts receivable accountant
- Assist and backup customer billing, inquiries, and collections
- Ensure customer billing and payment records are current in Sedona
- Backup Credit card and other receipts Posting, remote bank deposits
- Internal Timesheet entry
- Answers incoming phone calls from customers – Act as a backup operator to the front desk operator and assist with questions regarding routing; Ensure customer satisfaction by answering the telephone promptly, courteously & professionally at all times, in addition to supporting all internal customers in the same manner
- As directed by the accounts payable accountant
- Assists in the data entry and processing of payables in Sedona for vendor payables as well as Subcontractor invoices; performing audits and invoice review as entry is being completed as well as inputting correct General Ledger account numbers
- As directed by the process management accountant
- Assist and back up in processing work orders in Sedona
- Resolve other customer work order issues
- Work with the payables accountant and inventory management team to improve system accuracy, reporting and coordination
- Assist with special projects on an as needed basis
- Collaborate with other departments to improve Company efficiency and smooth processing
- A minimum of 1 year in accounting or school equivalent
- Detail and process oriented
- Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls with excellent telephone skills
- Strong time management, organizational and multitasking skills
- Must be able to work during times of high workloads
- Ability to work overtime if needed
- Must be able to work with a variety of people of all skill levels
- Must be capable of learning and using the appropriate software and electronic tools provided to competently manage and complete all assigned tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to effectively deal with all problems arising from the management of several construction/customer projects simultaneously
- Maintain employee confidentiality and treat employees with respect at all times.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Experience with Sedona a plus
- Must be able to obtain an Alarm Company Employee registration card
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, equipment or controls and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision and abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.