Website JMG SECURITY SYSTEMS
Our service is your security.
JMG SECURITY SYSTEMS, INC., the premier fire and security systems company in Southern California, has an exciting opportunity for an Installer in the Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County and San Diego County areas. JMG installs and services fire, burglar, CCTV, and card access systems in medium to large, commercial, industrial and retail businesses, as well as selected residential clients.
Installer works with all Technician Levels to install all cabling, conduits, and back-boxes required to support access control, CCTV, Fire and Burglar alarm intrusion system installations. Installers perform all aspects of a system installation including running wires, terminating devices, making up control panels, installing of conduits, and any other tasks necessary to install the system. In addition to working directly under the Operations Manager, Installers must also work with the Project Managers, JMG Security Systems’ Sales Agent, other contractors, and the customers. The Installer is a liaison between the JMG and the customer and is responsible for providing customer care which exceeds the customers’ expectations and meets the company standards and installation procedures.
- Installs intrusion/fire alarm, access control, voice/data, and CCTV components.
- Must possess a solid working knowledge of installation of Commercial Burglar Alarm, Fire Alarm, Access Control, and CCTV.
- Ability to make programming changes to Burglar Alarm, Fire Alarm, and Access Control panels in the field via laptop computer, keypad or local programmer.
- Thorough understanding of basic Burglar Alarm, Fire Alarm, Access Control, and CCTV, systems design and functionality.
- Take part in the normal on-call rotation for emergency service and after-hours service.
- Accurately completes paperwork directly related to the installation of these components.
- Notifies Sales Agent and/or Project Manager of all changes, additions and deletions on all installations.
- Shows initiative to learn the trades for future advancement.
- Accurately completes time cards.
- Maintains company issued vehicle, tools and equipment in good working order.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Provides complete and accurate training to the customer on all systems installed at the customer’s site.
- Performs daily routine check-ins as required by management.
- Communicates scheduling issues with the Project Manager and Installation Coordinator.
- Attends scheduled Safety and Installation department meetings to receive updates on current and future projects, new products, and any changes to JMG Operations that may affect project installations.
- Attends training classes held either onsite or offsite as required by the Systems Engineer/Operations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year of hands on experience in the security alarm industry in either an installation or service capacity or other applicable experience.
- Must be an effective communicator of project status.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people of all skill levels to ensure the timely completion of the project.
- Must be capable of learning and using the appropriate tools provided by JMG to competently install system components.
- Must be capable of working during times of high workloads.
- Must be able to effectively deal with all problems arising from an installation and show good analytical skills.
- Must have a current California Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain an Alarm Company Employee registration card.
- Must possess or be working toward completion of the State of California Fire Alarm Journeyman License.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees within the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Good time management, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to plan each day while adapting to constant interruptions.
- Ability to treat employees with respect at all times.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Basic computer skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly/frequently required to use hands to finger dexterity; handle or feel objects, equipment or controls and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs., work at heights up to 75 feet and use/climb ladders.
- Must be able to drive, sit, walk, stand, bend, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance. Specific vision and abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in a noise level that is usually medium to moderate.