Website JMG SECURITY SYSTEMS
Our Service is Your Security
JMG SECURITY SYSTEMS, INC., the premier fire and security systems company in Southern California, has an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Fire Inspector/Preventative Maintenance in the Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County and San Diego County areas. JMG installs and services fire, burglar, CCTV, and card access systems in medium to large, commercial, industrial and retail businesses, as well as selected residential clients.
Under the general supervision by Supervisor, will be responsible for the proper and timely testing of all systems under contract with JMG Security Systems, Inc. The Fire Tester is a field representative for JMG. This position is responsible for learning proper testing practices, quality standards, NFPA and NEC Code requirements. The Fire Tester is an entry level position and is responsible for providing customer care which exceeds the customer’s expectations and meets the company standards and procedures.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing complete and accurate testing of fire alarm, sprinkler monitoring and life safety systems installed at the customer’s site.
- Accurately completes all paperwork directly related to the testing of these systems.
- Learn NFPA and NEC Code requirements as they apply to testing.
- Notifies the VP of Operations of all changes, additions and deletions of devices from the original installation.
- Shows initiative to learn the trades for future advancement.
- Accurately completes time cards.
- Maintains company issued vehicle, tools and equipment to the standards set forth by management.
- Maintains vehicle inventory to the levels set forth by management.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Performs daily routine check-ins as required by management.
- Performs related services as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people of all skill levels to ensure the timely completion of the project.
- Must be capable of learning and using the appropriate electronic tools provided by JMG to competently test assigned projects.
- Must be capable of working during times of high workloads.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to effectively deal with all problems arising from testing.
- Effective negotiation and good analytical skills.
- Good time management, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to plan each day while adapting to constant interruptions.
- Ability to treat employees with respect at all times.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Working knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Must have a current California Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain an Alarm Company Employee registration card.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly/frequently required to use hands to finger dexterity; handle or feel objects, push or pull objects, equipment or controls and talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. and work at heights up to 75 feet.
- Must be able to drive, sit, walk long distances in both indoor and outdoor settings, stand for extended periods of time, bend, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
- Job requires twisting, turning, torqueing wrenches, opening and closing valves, climbing and working on ladders.
- Specific vision and abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to moderate.