Website JMG SECURITY SYSTEMS
Our Service is Your Security
JMG SECURITY SYSTEMS, INC., the premier fire and security systems company in Southern California, has an exciting opportunity for a Service Technician in the Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County and San Diego County areas. JMG installs and services fire, burglar, CCTV, and card access systems in medium to large, commercial, industrial and retail businesses, as well as selected residential clients.
Under general supervision from the Field Service Supervisor, the individual will be responsible for the proper and timely service of all systems installed and/or monitored by JMG SECURITY SYSTEMS, INC. The Service Technician is a field representative for JMG. This position is responsible for a thorough understanding of applicable codes and how they pertain to the proper operation of residential security, commercial security and life/safety systems. The Service Technician is the liaison between JMG and the customer and is responsible for providing customer care which exceeds the customer’s expectations and meets the company standards of performance and professionalism.
- Service and basic programming of residential and commercial security CCTV, ACCESS Control systems, burglar and fire alarm, sprinkler monitoring and life safety systems.
- Test all repairs made on site in accordance with JMG’s policy.
- Thorough understanding of NFPA Codes and the ability to apply them to service.
- Ability to make programming changes to Burglar Alarm, Fire Alarm, and Access Control panels in the field via laptop computer, keypad or local programmer.
- Thorough understanding of basic Burglar Alarm, Fire Alarm, Access Control, and CCTV, systems design and functionality.
- Take part in the normal on-call rotation for emergency after-hours service.
- Accurately complete all paperwork directly related to the servicing of these systems.
- Notifies Data Entry/QC or the Vice President of Operations of all changes, additions and deletions on all service calls.
- Accurately complete time cards.
- Maintain the issued company vehicle to the standards set forth by management.
- Maintain company issued vehicle, tools and equipment to the standards set forth by management.
- Maintain vehicle inventory to the levels set forth by management.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Interface and assist the Sales and JMG staff with technical information necessary to improve service.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing complete and accurate training to the customer on all systems serviced at the customer’s site.
- Performs daily routine check-ins as required by management.
- Communicates scheduling issues with the Field Service Supervisor and dispatchers.
- Performs related services as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At minimum of 5 years hands on experience in the security and fire alarm industry, specifically within installation or service environment.
- Experience utilizing appropriate software and electronic tools.
- Flexible with hours during times of high workloads.
- Must be able to obtain an Alarm Company Employee registration card.
- Must possess a current California Drives License.
- Must have or be working towards completion of the State of California Fire & Life Safety Certification.
- Strong and effective communicator.
- Strong customer-service mentality.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Ability to present information in an effective manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly/frequently required to use hands to finger dexterity; handle or feel objects, push or pull objects, equipment or controls and talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. and work at heights up to 75 feet.
- Must be able to drive, sit, walk, stand, bend, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
- Specific vision and abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is required
- The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to moderate.